Popcorn Ceiling Removal Sudbury, ON
Popcorn ceilings were once a popular design element in homes, but today they are often seen as outdated and unattractive. There are a few reasons for this such as:
1. They can be difficult to clean.
2. They may collect dust and other allergens.
3. They can be difficult to paint or repair.
4. They may date the look of a home.
If you're not a fan of your popcorn ceiling and it's texture, our team at Sudbury's Drywall Experts can help. We offer popcorn ceiling removal services to homeowners in Sudbury and the surrounding areas. We can get rid of your ceiling's existing popcorn texture and replace it with a new, modern ceiling finish. We would also be happy to apply a fresh coat of paint if you like. Once the project is complete, we will clean up any debris and related mess and dispose of it properly.
Contact us today to learn more or to schedule a free consultation.
What is the cost of removing popcorn ceiling?
The cost to remove popcorn ceilings will vary depending on the size of each room and the condition of each ceiling. Generally speaking, the larger the room and square feet, the more difficult it is to remove the popcorn finish and subsequently the higher the cost will be. Our team will provide you with a free estimate, so you’ll know exactly how much the project will cost before we get started.
How long does it take to remove a popcorn ceiling?
It depends on the size of the room and the condition of the finish. As part of our free consultation, we can give you an accurate estimate of how long it will take after visiting your home or business.
What are the benefits of removing popcorn ceiling?
Once we remove your popcorn ceiling, you’ll be able to enjoy a number of benefits, including:
1. A more modern look: Popcorn ceilings are often seen as outdated, so removing them can give your home or business a more modern look. Applying a new layer of paint can also help to enhance the look of your ceiling.
2. Enhanced property value: If you’re thinking of selling your property, getting rid of your popcorn ceiling can help to enhance your home's appeal and value.
3. Easier to clean: Popcorn ceilings can be difficult to clean, so getting rid of them can make it easier to keep your property clean.
4. Less dust and allergens: If you or someone in your family suffers from allergies, removing popcorn ceiling can help to reduce the amount of dust and allergens in the air.
If you’re interested in removing your popcorn ceiling, contact Sudbury's Drywall Experts today. We offer free consultations to homeowners in Sudbury and the surrounding areas.
Can I remove popcorn ceiling myself without calling a professional?
While you can certainly try doing it yourself (DIY) and scrape off the popcorn ceiling, we recommend you leave it to the professionals. This is because the popcorn finish can be difficult to eliminate and it can be easy to damage the underlying drywall if you’re not experienced in this type of work. It’s also important to have the right tools and safety equipment, which most people don’t have. For example, depending on what's required for the job, we may use tools like a putty knife, painter's tape, joint compound, and more to finish a job for you and your family. Our team has the experience and expertise to get rid of your popcorn ceiling quickly and efficiently, so you don’t have to worry about damaging your property.
What are the risks of removing my popcorn ceiling?
There are a few risks, one of them being you could damage your ceiling if you’re not careful. Additionally, if you have a popcorn ceiling that contains asbestos, there is a risk of exposure to asbestos fibres if the ceiling is not removed properly, for example, if you try scraping off the popcorn ceiling. Our team is experienced in asbestos abatement and safely removing popcorn ceilings, so you can rest assured that your ceiling will be removed properly.
*Legal Disclaimer. This is a referral website used for marketing purposes, Your referral is sent to a third-party company that best suits your need for service. All work is done by a licensed contractor.